Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27, 2012

Trailing clouds of glory do come from God,
who is our home.
Those shadowy recollections,
be they what they may,
are yet the fountain light of all our day.

I love those words from William Wordsworth. Trailing clouds remind me of prayer, the way the feeling from prayer can follow us all day.

Here is an idea for Lent: let’s pray each day, at a different time each week. Each week I will send you a prayer for a different part of the day. At Easter you may put them together and frame the whole day in words of prayer.

For this week: on first waking.

Deliver this day
into your gentle hands
that I may stop
fretting the dawn away
like a few extra pounds or another errand.

Open this day
in your gentle breath
that I may greet
the surprises and routine of today,
present,
present. Amen.


Blessings on you, as you feel God’s trailing clouds around you.



The Rev. Dr. Catherine Faith MacLean

No comments:

Post a Comment