Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012

Trailing clouds of glory do come from God,
who is our home.
Those shadowy recollections,
be they what they may,
are yet the fountain light of all our day.

Wordsworth again: shadowy recollections of prayer surround us in holy mystery to brighten the routine of the day.

We are praying each day through Lent. Last week I sent you a prayer to offer on waking. This week the prayer is a little later in the morning,
just before launching the day’s activities:

God, let me pause
for a full moment
before I launch into the day.
Let me sense you here
close beside me.

Give me patience
to engage what I must,
courage to love
and boldness of vision
to look and see,
to look and see.


At Easter I will put each of the seven prayers together for you, in a little booklet. Blessings on you, as the shadowy recollections of prayer surround you in holy mystery and brighten the routine of your day.



The Rev. Dr. Catherine Faith MacLean

No comments:

Post a Comment